6-8 medium sized white potatoes
1/2 cup sweet onion (chopped fine)
6 hard boiled eggs (sliced into cubes like the potatoes)
1/2 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
celery seed (sprinkle over top of ingredients before mixing, about 2 tsp... no real measurement)
- Cut potatoes into approx. 3/4 inch cubes and place in pot with salted water.
- Bring to a boil, boiling potatoes 8 - 9 minutes, just until the potatoes lose their crunch and become softer but still firm. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add sliced eggs and onion.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayo, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour this mixture into the potatoes, onion and eggs.
- Sprinkle top with celery seed (light covering) and mix gently.
- Refrigerate overnight for best results.