FOCACCIA BREAD PIZZA
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 tsp basil
- dash pepper
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Ranch dressing
- desired cheeses (mozzarella, cheddar, feta, Parmesan)
- desired toppings (diced onions, red peppers, jalapeno peppers and tomatoes)
- In a small bowl dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp. oil, salt, sugar, garlic powder, herbs, pepper and 2 1/2 cups of flour. Mix until it forms a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Place on a greased baking sheet. Shape into a pizza. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. With fingertips, make several dimples over top of dough.
- Spread Ranch dressing over crust. Add your favorite cheese and toppings. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.