- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 2 garlic gloves minced
- 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 - 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 - 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 - 15 oz can light kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 - 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 - 15 oz can chili beans rinsed and drained
- 1 - 15 oz can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
In a large saucepan cook ground beef or turkey, onion, peppers and garlic till meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain fat. I'm using the Instant Pot to cook the chili tonight so I saute the meat and vegetables inside the pressure cooker first.
Crock Pot: Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
Instant Pot: Close and lock the lid in place; Set valve to sealing. Click the manual button and set it for 10 minutes. When time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 20 minutes.