• 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
• 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
• 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
• 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 2 teaspoons shortening
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and peppermint extract.
2. Beat in the powdered sugar just a little at a time, until a stiff dough starts to form and the dough isn't sticky. (It took about 3 cups to form the dough.)
3. Form into 1 inch balls, then place on waxed paper and flatten with fingers to form patties. Let them air dry for an hour. Place them in the freezer for about an hour before dipping them in the melted chocolate. It makes it easier to deal with.
4. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with shortening, stirring often (you could also just melt the chocolate & shortening in the microwave).
5. Remove chocolate from heat.
6. Dip patties, one at a time, into chocolate by laying them on the tines of a fork and lowering the fork into the liquid.
7. Let cool on waxed paper until set. Place in the fridge to let them set-up even faster.