The topics studied:
- tobacco as a drug - nicotine
- effects of smoking - large quantities of harmful chemicals delivered directly to the smoker's lungs when he or she inhales.
- smoking and heart disease - heart disease claims the greatest number of lives
- smoking and respiratory problems - smoking also causes great harm to the lungs
- smoking and cancer risk - the most well-known type of cancer associated with smoking is lung cancer
- many other health risks of smoking
- effects on nonsmokers
- smokeless tobacco products in their various forms should not be considered a safe alternative to smoking
"Be smart and don't start."